Every person has their own internal rhythm, a biological clock. These are usually synced with the biorhythms of nature. When we get out of sync with nature, imbalances in our bodies can occur. In fact, modern medicine is now focusing on biorhythms and just how important they are for our health and well-being. Scientists are correlating increased risk of certain diseases such as cancer, cardiovascular disease, obesity, digestive disorders, and more to our body’s biorhythms being out of sync.
These rhythms that we each have are often expressed through the daily routines and habits that we adopt. Changing some of our daily routines and habits can help bring our bodies back into a natural rhythm and bring some balance back into our lives.
Every person has their own internal rhythm, a biological clock. These are usually synced with the biorhythms of nature. When we get out of sync with nature, imbalances in our bodies can occur.
Not everyone can follow nature’s biorhythms exactly. For example, if you work a swing shift, you will not be able to go to bed at dark and wake up with the sun. Choosing just a few that you can incorporate can be beneficial to health.
- Waking up by 6 am
- Bathe and brush your teeth
- Meditating in the morning
- Take some time to feel gratitude
- Doing yoga or going for a walk in the first rays of the morning sun
- Drinking warm water in the morning
- Eat a light breakfast
- Eating lunch by noon
- Eating mindfully, chewing thoroughly and sitting after a meal for 5-10 minutes
- Eating a light dinner
- Don’t eat after 7 pm
- Take some time at the end of the day for self-care. Spend time with family, read a book, take the dog for a walk, or whatever makes your heart happy
- Going to bed by 10 pm
- Getting 7-8 hours of sleep per night
Listen to your body and see which of these feels good for you. The important thing is to try to stick to the same routine. When we don’t have a routine and we are all over the place, it brings imbalance which can cause stress and anxiety. A daily routine helps us feel grounded and creates a safe space for us to be. Do what feels good to you!